Sunday, July 4, 2010

A day on the bike ahead, then three more off...

Another quick update for those following the blog. Tomorrow morning I'm going to get on the road very early and ride more than 100 miles to Akron, PA. I'm staying with my friend Tim, who lives basically next door to the MDS offices. I plan to visit the MDS offices on Tuesday morning, then I will fly out to my friend Jason's funeral later that afternoon. I should be returning on Thursday evening, and back on the bike Friday. I will be very far behind schedule, so I will probably be in a mindset to cover more miles than to see fun things like baby tigers. There will be some rough terrain through New Hampshire, Vermont, and New York until I get near the Great Lakes. After that, I should be rolling through relatively flat terrain until Montana. I know I will make up these miles that I am behind, I just don't like the feeling of being behind or the lack of freedom that it affords me.

By the way, my internet source is the computer at the house I am staying. My pictures are on my personal computer. When I am able to connect my own computer to the internet, I will update the blogs with pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Neal - God's care to you. You remind me that bike tours and life gathers detours, some very sad. So Paul said he keeps pressing on (i.e. biking) for the prize. Or as Churchill said, "Never, never, never give up." Go Neal...Weldon

    ReplyDelete